This apple gorgonzola flatbread makes the perfect lunch or light dinner. Lightly spiced apple butter, sharp gorgonzola, and tangy sliced apples (plus a generous drizzle of balsamic if you’re feeling fancy) combine to make a savory fall treat that comes together in no time. You could certainly make your own flatbread dough if you are feeling ambitious, but I created this recipe to be as quick and easy as possible. What I’m saying is: Trader Joe’s flatbread to the rescue!
This recipe was inspired by a very similar flatbread that I had at a vineyard in Virginia. Although the experience isn’t quite the same without the scenic mountains and plentiful local wine, it comes pretty close. All you’ll need to make this delicious fall recipe is a few green apple slices, mozzarella, gorgonzola, apple butter, store-bought flatbread, and some balsamic vinegar. You can use store-bought apple butter for this recipe, but I recommend using my small-batch apple butter. You can make it in advance, and you’ll still have plenty left over to spread on toast, mix into yogurt, and use on paninis. You won’t regret it!
This flatbread is also wonderfully customizable. You can use gouda or goat instead of gorgonzola, and it would also be delicious with some bacon or pancetta thrown on top.
Serve this apple gorgonzola flatbread with my spinach salad with lemon dressing and parmesan, and you have yourself a complete meal! If you’re having this for dinner, you may even want to serve it alongside my warming apple cider cocktail with maple and sage. (If you haven’t noticed, we’re leaning hard into apple season here at A Tavola Kitchen!)
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below! I love hearing your feedback, and the comments are also helpful for other readers as they decide whether to make one of my recipes.Print
Apple Gorgonzola Flatbread with Balsamic Drizzle
This apple gorgonzola flatbread is a wonderful lunch or light dinner when served with a side salad.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 1 Trader Joe’s Flatbread Pizza Crust or flatbread crust of choice
- 1–2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tbsp gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4–5 very thin green apple slices, cut into strips
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, or to required temperature based on the brand of flatbread crust you are using.
- Lightly coat top and bottom of flatbread with olive oil and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread apple butter on flatbread as if it were a sauce. Top with cheese and apple slices.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.