Crispy and flavorful, there’s nothing not to love about these chicken tenders!
For the marinade and marination
1. Combine buttermilk, dijon, and red pepper flake in a large freezer bag or container. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add your chicken tenders to the bag or container, and ensure all pieces are well-coated. Let rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour but as long as overnight.
For the breading and baking
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spray generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
4. Combine panko breadcrumbs, paprika if using, and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
5. Working one piece at a time, use a pair of tongs to remove chicken from container. Allow excess marinade to drip off before transferring to breadcrumb mixture. Press chicken down into mixture before flipping and repeating, ensuring that both sides are well-coated with breadcrumbs. (Depending on how well your breadcrumbs are sticking, you may want to also spoon and press some of the breadcrumbs onto the chicken.)
6. Transfer breaded chicken to well-sprayed sheet pan. Lightly spray the exposed side of the chicken.
7. Transfer sheet pan to oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan, flip chicken, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
8. If desired, broil for 1-2 additional minutes for extra browning.