Healthy Earl Grey Muffins with Honey and Lemon
These healthy Earl Grey muffins are specked with flakes of tea leaf and so fragrant. Enjoy with a cup of tea… or coffee!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 4 Earl Grey teabags
- 1 cup plain plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp 2 percent milk (or almond milk, half-and-half, or even water)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and the contents of the teabags. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, honey, egg, vanilla, milk, and lemon zest.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix until just combined.
- Divide your batter evenly among muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- These muffins will stay fresh in an air-tight container on the counter for 2-3 days, and in the fridge for a couple days afterwards.
- The tea flavor does grow stronger as the muffins sit. I don’t mind this, but if you prefer to avoid this you could freeze the leftover muffins after a couple days.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 16.3 mg
Keywords: muffins, healthy baking